What is Geophatic Stress?
Geopathic stress is a distorted or disrupted electromagnetic field of the Earth (Schumann Resonance / Waves). The Earth resonates with an electromagnetic frequency of approximately 7.83 Hz – Schumann resonances, which falls within the range of (alpha) human brainwaves. Underground streams, sewers, water pipes, electricity, tunnels and underground railways, mineral formations and geological faults distort the natural resonance of the Earth thus creating Geopathic stress. Sleeping or spending a lot of time in Geopathic Stress zones can cause ill effects on our health, performance and well-being.
The word geopathic is derived from the Greek words, Geo meaning the Earth, and pathos meaning disease or suffering, so literally “suffering of the Earth”. The term Geopathic Stress is used to describe negative energies, also known as “harmful earth rays”, which emanate from the earth and cause discomfort and ill health to those living above. Earth energies can be bad, good or neutral.
In ancient times the Feng Shui masters were familiar with the earth currents, they knew which sites to recommend for building and which sites to avoid.
It is important to understand that none of the earth energies we are dealing with are extremely dangerous or malevolent, there is no need for fear. The reason these energies are challenging for human health is because their strong vibrations can weaken a person’s immune system if one is exposed to them for a long period of time.
Various underground formations, such as subterranean water currents, specific mineral deposits, or different fault lines emit specific electromagnetic fields that can be harmful for a human dwelling. If you are just passing through an area with Geopathic Stress, there will be little or no concern. However, if your house is located in a Geopathic Stress area, you really need to understand what is happening and how you could protect your health.
The science behind it
As the Earth rotates on its axis, it functions as an electro-magnet generating electrical currents in the molten metals found within its core, and an electromagnetic field on the surface which oscillates at an average frequency of 7.83 Hz, which is almost identical to the range of alpha human brainwaves. Life on earth has evolved with this background magnetic field background, and creatures are accustomed to living within its presence and are able to cope with the slight fluctuations over time caused by electrical storms and the sun activity.
The Physicist W.O. Schumann identified this frequency in 1952, and it has become known as ‘brainwaves’ or Schumann Waves. The space agency NASA has had to build Schumann Resonators into their space shuttles in order to artificially generate this electromagnetic frequency, which is known to safeguard the health of astronauts when they are beyond the influence of the earth’s vital frequency.
Geopathic Stress represents a distortion of this natural frequency by weak electromagnetic fields created by streams of water flowing underground, geological fault lines, underground caverns, and certain mineral deposits (notably coal, oil, and iron). For example, where the inner Earth’s vibration of 7.83 Hz crosses a water vein 200 – 500 feet below ground, stress lines vibrating at up to 250 Hz can be created.
Man-made disturbances to the earth’s surface can give rise to further distortions, including quarries and mines; road and rail cuttings and embankments; building foundations, especially tall buildings with steel pilings; tunnels, sewers, drains, buried utility pipes and wires; as well as artificially created electromagnetic fields from overhead or underground cables and electricity-generating stations and sub-stations.
Any distortion of this 7.83 Hz level creates a stress with the potential to weaken the immune system of any mammal living above the distortion, leading to greater susceptibility to viruses, bacteria, parasites, environmental pollution, degenerative disease, and a wide range of health problems. Many dowsers use a 0 – 16 scale known as the Von Pohl scale (after its originator) to measure the strength of Geopathic Stress, in which 0 represents the healthy 7.83 Schumann frequency, and 16 an extremely strong locus corresponding to 250 Hz. For example, people who are sleeping on a GS locus of 9 or more (perhaps a combined score from the presence of several geopathic features) are likely to develop cancer.
How to find out if one lives above Geopathic Stress?
There are many ways to tell whether you are affected by Geopathic Stress.
- Do you wake up in the morning feeling tired?
- Do you feel / sleep much better at other places?
- Do you suffer from disturbed sleep?
- Is it difficult for you to fall asleep?
- Do you have frequent nightmares?
- Do you feel tired and exhausted during daytime? You might be sitting on geopathic stress in your office.
- Do you suffer from chronic fatigue?
- Do you have difficulties to concentrate?
- Do you suffer from headaches in the morning?
- Do you have symptoms without a cause?
- Do you have symtoms that do not respond to therapy?
- Do you suffer from autonomic disturbances?
- Do you have mould in your home?
- Do you have lichen or moss growing on the roof, walls or lawn as these like geopathic stress.
- Do you have problems with ants, wasps or bees? Most animals (dogs, cows, horses, etc) avoid geopathic stress. Some animals (ants, wasps, bees and, cats) are attracted to geopathic zones.
- Are there any cracks in walls, driveways, paving stones, kerbstones and roads? These may be caused by geological faultlines.
- Are there trees with cancerous knobbly growths on them nearby or trees whose trunks have split into two or twisted or trees that lean or bend to one side?
- Are there any unusual gaps in hedges? These may indicate a line of geopathic stress crossing the hedge.
- Do you have neighbours in ill health?
- Are there underground springs or wells or sewage system?
- Have previous occupants of the house also been ill?
If any of the above factors resonate with you – you may be Geopathically stressed in some ways.
Geophatic Stress creates a particular problem for anyone sleeping above an affected area because it will disturb the natural healing power of sleep at the same time as the person is being exposed to the harmful Geopathic Stress in a concentrated way for a long unbroken period. Our body cannot recharge at night because the harmful radiation takes away the energy from the body.
It can therefore lead to serious conditions including the debilitating problem of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as complaints that are not exactly specific. These include any general aches and pains, headaches, neuralgia, or constant tiredness, muscular/skeletal conditions and many other complaints such as feeling generally stressed or impatient.
There are certain classic indications that someone may be suffering the effects of Geopathic stress. These include:
- sleeping patterns, particularly waking in the morning to feel that you have not had a proper night’s sleep
- grinding of teeth during the night
- unexplained headaches
- displays of severe impatience and anger
- babies moving about their cot and finishing up pressed against the bars
- very lifeless hair
- low energy levels
Among many, constant exhaustion, depression and not wanting to live are the effects of geophatic radiation.
“I can’t get up, everything hurts”
The most frequently found symptoms occurring at an early stage of exposure to Geopathic Stress, perhaps immediately upon moving to a new house, are sleep disturbances.
Pathological symptoms can include restlessness, difficulty in getting to sleep, excessive dreaming, excessively heavy sleep and sleep requirements, waking unrefreshed, cold or restless feet and legs in bed, asthma and respiratory difficulties at night, fatigue and lethargy, unexplained mood changes, aggression and depression.
Patients often wake up at an odd angle in bed, perhaps on the edge of the bed as far as possible from the centre of stress, while children might sleep-walk. Cats tend to prefer sleeping over a stress hot-spot, dogs and most other mammals prefer to avoid them.